A great way to get your vegetables in the morning! Crunchy Omelette is a great healthy way to start your day!
We stayed at a hotel the other night that came with an included breakfast at a nearby restaurant. We were served something similar to this omelette and I did my best to re-create it at home!
It’s a little crunch with a little spice (if you like) and the perfect way to start out the morning! We absolutely love this breakfast!
Slice up some carrots and green beans and roast them until they are a little tender. Not too much because the crunch is the best part in this omelette!
Next, whip up 2 eggs. You can add a little milk if you like.
Add some oil. This part is optional and I usually don’t add the oil to my eggs but to get that restaurant flair, it’s crucial! Add salt, pepper, and any other spices you love with your eggs.
Add the eggs to a hot oiled pan. I am so in love with these Cast Iron Pans we have been using. The home we are living in has these pans as their primary pans so I have really gotten used to them!
I had one when we first got married but thought it was such a hassle so we never used it. I’m totally convinced now!
Let the egg simmer on low until it is cooked well enough to flip over.
Sprinkle some cheese on top and wait a little so it melts.
Place a tortilla on top of the melted cheese. This should help it stick to the egg mixture. We used Jalapeno Cheddar Tortillas so it gave the omelettes a delicious spice!
If you are using a big pan like I was you will have to trim off the extra egg or use a bigger tortilla. Once you trim it off then flip the omelette so the tortilla is on the bottom.
Now add the veggies that you roasted earlier.
Sprinkle a little cheese on top so the “lid” will close.
Fold it over and let it toast on both sides so the tortilla is toasted and the cheese is melted.
It should be really stuffed because after all, this is your morning breakfast and you want all those veggies you can get! Serve with some salsa on top!
1/4 cup green beans, thinly sliced
1/4 cup carrots, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon milk
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 tortilla or tortilla wrap
1/4 cup cheese, divided
salt & pepper
1. Thinly slice about a half a cup of carrot and green beans. You want them as thin as possible. Don’t worry about the beans in the green beans, just cut right through them.
2. Add the vegetables to a hot pan and roast until tender and somewhat browned. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix two eggs with a Tablespoon of milk and oil (both optional)
3. Pour the eggs into a hot oiled pan and let it simmer until cooked well enough to flip.
4. Using half the cheese, sprinkle it on top of the egg mixture and let melt. Place the tortilla on top of the cheese and flip.
5. Add the roasted vegetables and a little more cheese on top. Fold omelette and let the tortilla toast on both sides. Serve warm with salsa. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these recipes! Don’t forget to check out some more delicious breakfast recipes here!