The perfect crust that brings a smile to everyone’s faces. After all, everyone needs a fabulous crust to their fabulous pizza!
The best way to have bake amazing pizzas in your home is to of course have some amazing pizza crust.
The secret to an incredible pizza is in the crust. Fabulous crust = To.Die.For Pizza
Pretty simple huh?
Rest assured, this pizza crust is simple. We need fabulous crust so we need a quick recipe that will give us that! With a little olive oil and garlic salt, this is truly the BEST pizza crust recipe out there!
This dough is very soft and easy to work with. Make double if you want so you have have extras ready to go in the freezer! Then you can have pizza all week long if you want! Don’t be intimidated by this recipe. It is after all, easy homemade pizza crust!
1 and 1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon instant or active dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
Olive oil or cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir in water, sugar and yeast. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until the yeast is bubbly and dissolved.
2. Add olive oil, salt, and 1 ½ cups flour and mix until combined. Gradually mix in 2 more cups of flour until dough starts to form. If your dough is too sticky, add 1 more tablespoon of flour at a time (up to 1/4 cup) until dough is not as sticky. Knead the dough for 5 minutes by hand or in your mixer.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and place back into your large mixing bowl that has been coated lightly with olive oil. Turn dough over to coat with oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat your pizza stone or baking sheet in middle rack of your oven for 30-60 minutes at 475 degrees F.
5. Once the dough has doubled, remove from bowl and knead a few times. Divide the dough into two equal parts and cover for 15 minutes. Depending on how many pizzas you are making, you can freeze one of the dough balls at this point. *
6. Remove your pizza stone/baking pan and generously grease the entire surface with olive oil or with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
7. Roll each dough ball out onto a lightly floured surface. Transfer pizza dough to your baking sheet. Pinch the edges to create a rimmed crust. Lightly brush the top of the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Make a few holes in the dough with a fork to prevent the dough from bloating.
8. Bake for 12 minutes at 475 degrees F with your favorite toppings. Broil for a few minutes or until cheese is golden.
After the 2 balls of pizza dough have risen, you can freeze one or both of the balls of dough. Lightly spray all sides of the dough balls with nonstick spray. Put the dough into separate ziploc bags, squeezing out the air. When you want to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator for about 12 hours then place on your counter for about 30 minutes to bring to room temperature. Continue to Step 6.
You Might Also Like: