Like a pizza pocket, this creamy chicken bake holds lots of yumminess inside!
After trying my hand at some homemade crescent rolls, I was really excited to try this chicken bake or chicken hot pocket as some of you might call it, using the same dough!
Another good name for it would be, Delicious!
It was so much fun making this crisscross design and making a comfort food that we just loved!
You can also used canned crescent rolls if you are out of time and convenience is your friend. But if not, this dough recipe is really pretty easy!
My dough turned out really thick so I think I will roll it a little thinner next time and even add some veggies like broccoli to the mixture! You can really fill this up with whatever you want!
1 lb chicken, boiled, shredded
1 small onion, diced
4-6 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 Tbs. melted butter, divided
2 Tbs. milk
salt and pepper, to taste
homemade crescent dough
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the crescent dough ingredients. Cover and place in a warm place to rise.
1. In a medium sauce pan, boil the chicken until no longer pink. Allow to cool, then shred with a fork.
2. Mix the chicken with the onion, cream cheese, butter, milk, and salt and pepper.
3. Once the crescent dough has risen, punch down and roll out into a large rectangle about 14in. x 20in.
4. Place the chicken mixture in the middle of the rectangle, leaving a large space of dough on either side of the mixture.
5. Using kitchen scissors, cut the dough on both sides into 1 inch strips. Starting at one side, crisscross the strips over the mixture until it is completely covered and the dough is shaped like a loaf.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle the top with cheese the last 5 minutes if desired.